Saturday, June 7, 2008

Can it really be June?


Dining room of the Gamble House.

I'm back. Is half the year almost over? It's early evening, Saturday. I love that it's still light out. It was a beautiful day in Eagle Rock. Clear and warm. Not too hot. We went on a tour of the Gamble House in Pasadena. It was awesome. I loved it. It's now on my list of things to recommend to out-of-towners. We toured Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House a while back, but I liked this better. Both the house and the tour. I highly recommend.


Seems most pictures of Nadal are of him looking like this.

I'm so psyched about the Federer - Nadal final tomorrow. I hope it goes 5 sets. I don't really care who wins, I just want a good and close match. And a lot of fist pumping. I'll feel sorta bad for Federer if he loses. He's had a tough year (for him) and I don't know how long he'll stay at the top of his game.



I was thinking today about the first presidential election that I remember. It was 1984 and I was in 4th grade. One of my assignments that year was to distinguish between advertisements and endorsements. I had to go through the newpaper and cut out examples of each. I got some Mondale - Ferraro campaign stickers that year. Two pages of round stickers. I was a sticker collector back then and I think I got them by trading some scratch and sniffs to a friend.

4 comments:

Kris said...

That tennis match was pretty unbelievable.

chanchow said...

So pitiful. Good thing I woke up early, otherwise I would've missed the entire match.

Colonel Mortimer said...

I remember the 1984 election as well. My third grade class did a secret ballot election. I was one of three students (out of I belive 30) who voted for Mondale.

Christine said...

I think I was the one who traded you those campaign stickers for a few scratch and sniff ones (and a puffy Snoopy sticker too). :-)