Thursday, March 6, 2008

One Piece or Two Pieces?

I have a friend who feels strongly that a bikini is way more flattering on a woman-- any woman. Skinny, chubby, pregnant. I disagree. I think that a one piece is more slimming. Sure, there are some really ugly tanksuits out there, but unless you have a flat stomach, I think the one piece will probably work a little better. Not that people shouldn't wear bikinis. I actually think bikinis are great and women shouldn't avoid them, but I still think one pieces are more flattering.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you - unless you have a flawless (or near-flawless) body, go for the one-piece. There are lots more designs that can minimize body flaws but still be very attractive.

Junebee

Creative-Type Dad said...

Tha friend must be on crack (bad pun.)

Have him go to Hunnington Beach in a few weeks and walk.

He/She will change their mind real quick.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with you guys... On a trip to Brazil I saw that almost everyone there wears a skimpy bikini, regardless of their body type, and I was surprised at how great everyone looked! The bikini made bellies and saggy butts less obvious, while the one-piece accentuated them.

Anonymous said...

Also, one pieces are generally clunky and childish. They also scream insecurity.

SquirrleyMojo said...

have you seen the new burquini? TIME did a piece on them . . .