Sunday, July 29, 2007

Early Sunday Morning Wanderings

Woke up at 8am. Octopus is still sleeping. The house is bright and quiet and I'm sitting on the floor of the living room listening to Alicia Keys. It's not too hot yet. This is my favorite time of the weekend. The day ahead of me. When I lived in NY, I thought the best way to spend my weekend doing nothing. Somehow I thought doing nothing would make the time go by more slowly. I was wrong. Now I want to make a lists of things to do and start checking them off. That way when Monday comes around I can look back and remember all the things I did. Have I already blogged about this?

Things I want to do today:

1. Go to hardware store and get garden hose and replacement sprinkler head.
2. Go to yoga class
3. Swifter the house
4. Make a couple succulent arrangements
5. Wrap gifts for relatives
6. Go shopping for exercise clothes
7. Back up pictures and music

(My life is so exciting!)

I'm really excited for The Bourne Ultimatum. I even had a Bourne-like dream last night. My parents (or people posing as them) were plotting against me and I had to escape. I didn't know who to trust, what to believe. I vaguely remember something about jumping off a train. Only it wasn't a real train, it was more like a ride at an amusement park.

(Sidenote: Matt Damon and Ben Affleck lived in Eagle Rock when they first came to LA. They were on Hill Drive, the nicest street in the neighborhood, and I believe the house they were in is now for sale.)

No comments: