Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hello, Friendo


Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men.

I won the Oscar pool at my work last year. I was pretty surprised and, I'll admit, super stoked. I entered this year's pool on Friday. As last year's winner, I feel a keen pressure to repeat, to show that last year wasn't a fluke. As one of my co-workers said, "Chanchow, you are the one to beat."

I submitted my ballot hastily, perhaps overconfidently, and now I'm not feeling too good about my picks. I think it's a toss up this year. Either No Country will win big, or There Will Be Blood will win big, or they will split the vote and something like Diving Bell or Atonement will sneak in in a few categories. For my ballot, I gave a few trophies to Diving Bell. Not sure why I did this; I think this is a weak point in my ballot.

Any Oscar predictions?

No comments: