Sunday, July 23, 2006

Traffic, Heat and More

It's been much too hot here. Today it was in the 90s. Yesterday it was over 100. It's been like this for over three weeks. This can't go on. It's too hot to do much thinking or planning. And certainly too hot to make a proper blog entry. So I will ramble.

It usually takes me 20 minutes to get to work (10 minutes on side streets, 10 minutes on the 2 freeway), but one morning last week it took me almost an hour. I couldn't believe it. The 2 was backed up like I'd never seen it before. The next day I avoided the 2 and went local all the way. It was great. Here's a shot of a traffic jam in downtown LA in the 1920s. It's a far cry from what I experienced last week, but I like this picture.

Our house has central heat, but not central air. We've been surviving on overhead and portable fans.

We have a housekeeper now. It seemed like a real indulgence at first, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea. The last thing I want to do on a free weekend is clean, so this could very well be the best thing ever.

My car has passed the 10,000 mile mark. It's time for the first tune up.

1 comment:

junebee said...

Wow, no AC? We'd perish here in Florida without it!

I like the traffic jam photo.