Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Run Man Run

I've started running again. Started last week and have steadily improved since then. Yesterday I ran for 12 minutes (over a mile) without stopping. My head hurt and I cramped a little, but I ran through it. It got easier and the discomfort dulled after a few minutes. I belong to the YMCA, which is within walking distance from my office. There are floor-to-ceiling windows in front of the treadmills, so I get to stare outside and almost feel like I'm running outdoors.

4 comments:

junebee said...

Congratulations for getting through that first workout! Keep up the hard (and healthy) work.

Anonymous said...

Run Chan Run!
I suck at running.
Perhaps you should get the Run Lola Run soundtrack to listen to for inspiration (if you can hang with some 90s beats). It may be cheesey, but true, how music like that can help your workout. Hmm, I guess I should take my own advice--sometimes I'll bust out with stuff like Cat Power or the Smiths after a bad day and then I end up practically sobbing on the elliptical machine. :(
Hmmm...I wonder if anyone else ever listens to sad, slow music when they exercise? I guess that's weird.

Anyway, happy running!

Octopus Grigori said...

hh: You are so weird. No one else does that.

MK said...

Did you guys make the Lego diorama in the shot specifically for this post?