Friday, January 5, 2007

Day 3: Musée d'Orsay

Lunch, Parisian style
We started off the day meeting friends for lunch at Au Petit Fer à Cheval (The Little Horseshoe) on nearby rue Vieille du Temple. It was a teeny weeny place with good food and friendly service (yes, friendly!). I had the duck, which was delish (I order duck whenever it's on the menu).

After lunch we crossed the river and took the bus to the Musée d'Orsay (re: transportation, we either walked or took the bus or Metro everywhere; never took a taxi). The museum is in an old train station and is very popular. The top floor has lots of Impressionist work (Van Gogh, Manet and stuff like that). My jetlag hit me like a truck while we were there, so all I could think about was getting back to the hotel.

2 comments:

junebee said...

I like duck once in awhile, but I usually eat it Asian style.

Anonymous said...

awww...a picture of antoine at au petit fer à cheval. he's such a teddy bear.
i wish you had gone to the bathroom there and taken a picture of the cool "modern" squatter.