Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 5: DaVinci Code Wanderings

I didn't go into the Louvre, but I did take this picture. Mr. Octopus and the brothers Octopus visited and I thought about coming along, until I saw the line to get in. Instead, I roamed around the city (mostly the Left Bank) with my friend, making like the The DaVinci Code. Sort of.

I don't know if the dotted line in this picture is the 'Rose Line' from the book. But I took the picture anyway. Later that afternoon, we went to St. Sulpice and looked for the Rose Line there. No such luck. In the corner of the church, there was a small notice saying that claims in an 'international best seller' about the Rose Line and the Priory of Sion were untrue.

Sidenote: my pageturner for the trip was Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. Same protagonist as in The DaVinci Code. Same overall plot, too-- i.e., murder, mysterious codes, secret societies, religion, art history, pretty European girl. DaVinci Code is better, I think.

3 comments:

junebee said...

My brother went to the Louvre when he was in Europe.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Are you saying the book wasn't true?

I'm horrified.

chanchow said...

The book is true. It's the church that's wrong.