Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lost Its Way

ABC is showing a new episode of Lost this Wednesday. I'm sad to say that I'm just not that into the show anymore. I'll still watch, naturally, but the last few episodes (particularly last week's) have been weak and I don't see it getting much better. What happened last week was bizarre (even for Lost standards) and I feel like the producers have begun to make the plot especially absurd. I know, I know, polar bears on a tropical island was already absurd. But this was different. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but (and look away and if you don't want to know anything about last week's episode) ... I think what Charlie did was out of character, far fetched and poorly conceived. I can't get over it. I feel like ABC is trying to stretch this show out for five seasons, when it really should be two (three maximum). Even killing off Michelle Rodriguez won't make me happy. I almost want everyone to get rescued so that the show can end now, before the second season overshadows the fantabulous first season.

No comments: